EE-603 / 3 crédits
Remark: Next time: tbd
Every 2 years
The learning outcome is to increase the knowledge of simulation methods and the role of computers in the management and the operation of electric power systems.
- Dynamic phenomena:
- Power system components modeling
- General mathematical formulation
- Transient stability: direct approach, time domain approach, ...
- Small signal stability: eigenvalues, eigenvectors, participation factors, poorly damped modes, ...
- Long term stability: load frequency control, automatic generation control, ...
- Examples of applications
- Transient phenomena:
- Generalized transmission line theory for a multiconductor line
- Parameters of a multiconductor transmission line
- Effect of losses due to the ground finite conductivity and corona
- Interaction with an external electromagnetic field
- Solution methods in time and frequency domains (FDTD method and BLT equations)
- Treatment of frequency dependence in a time domain algorithm
- Treatment of nonlinearities in a frequency domain algorithm
- Examples of application
Power Systems, Electromagnetism
Dans les plans d'études
- Forme de l'examen: Ecrit (session libre)
- Matière examinée: Transient and dynamic analysis of electric power systems
- Cours: 34 Heure(s)
- TP: 8 Heure(s)