HUM-465 / 3 crédits
Withdrawal: It is not allowed to withdraw from this subject after the registration deadline.
Based on the knowledge acquired during the fall semester course (Understanding modern Switzerland I), students are asked to work by group of 3-4 students and prepare a paper on a topic previously discussed with the teachers.
See the full description of the course in the "Introduction to project" of the fall semester (HUM-422).
Switzerland, history, culture, political institutions, economic structure, foreign policy
Understanding modern Switzerland I (HUM-422a)
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Elaborate a research question
- Present the existing literature on a chosen topic
- Synthesize the results of a personal research
- Demonstrate the capacity for critical thinking
- Access and evaluate appropriate sources of information.
- Write a scientific or technical report.
- Make an oral presentation.
- Take feedback (critique) and respond in an appropriate manner.
- Communicate effectively, being understood, including across different languages and cultures.
Evaluation on a semester basis (grade associated to 3 ECTS). Spring semester evaluation is about the realization of the project. More information is given at the beginning of the academic year.
Dans les plans d'études
- Semestre: Printemps
- Nombre de places: 60
- Forme de l'examen: Pendant le semestre (session d'été)
- Matière examinée: Understanding modern Switzerland II
- Projet: 3 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
Semaine de référence