MGT-533 / 3 crédits
Enseignant: Markarian Lavetsky Garen
Remark: Courses given on UNIL Campus.
Students will learn tools and techniques to improve society and create value from an accounting and finance perspective. This course will develop the student's critical thinking, problem-solving and presentation skills to assess and understand the problematics linked to ESG investing and reporting.
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Recognize the complexity of ESG and ESG Disclosures
- Examine the trade-offs between creating profits and enhancing ESG
- Distinguish "Greenwashing" and true ESG
- Explore recent developments in sustainability accounting
- Analyze and benchmark ESG and sustainability metrics in the corporate annual reports of companies
- Develop critical thinking, analytical and presentation skills
- Give feedback (critique) in an appropriate fashion.
- Identify the different roles that are involved in well-functioning teams and assume different roles, including leadership roles.
- Respect relevant legal guidelines and ethical codes for the profession.
- Demonstrate the capacity for critical thinking
- Demonstrate a capacity for creativity.
- Continue to work through difficulties or initial failure to find optimal solutions.
- Make an oral presentation.
- Access and evaluate appropriate sources of information.
The evaluation in this course will be based on group projects (65% of the grade), group presentations (20% of the grade) and an individual project (15% of the grade).
Dans les plans d'études
- Semestre: Automne
- Forme de l'examen: Pendant le semestre (session d'hiver)
- Matière examinée: Sustainability accounting
- Cours: 2 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
- Exercices: 1 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
Semaine de référence