Selected Topics on Advanced Composites in Engineering Structures
CIVIL-705 / 2 crédits
Enseignant: Vassilopoulos Anastasios
Remark: CANCELLED Spring 2023, Next time: Spring 2024, Min. 5 persons.
Every 2 years
The course focuses on the current investigations in the fields of fatigue and fracture of composite materials and composite structural components, like adhesively-bonded joints. Students would be able to develop design concepts for composite structures under realistic loading conditions
Introduction to composite materials and the specific design concepts of structures with this type of material. Description of the characteristics of composite materials and their singularities. Selected topics to be addressed are:
• Failure modes and failure criteria for composite materials,
• Fatigue of composite materials and structures,
• Multiaxial static/fatigue behaviour,
• Fracture of composite materials,
• Joining techniques,
• Issues raised by the students, related to their PhD projects
Composite materials, fatigue, fracture, joining techniques.
Basic knowledge about composite materials and theory of elasticity.
Dans les plans d'études
- Forme de l'examen: Multiple (session libre)
- Matière examinée: Selected Topics on Advanced Composites in Engineering Structures
- Cours: 18 Heure(s)
- Exercices: 10 Heure(s)