MGT-589 / 30 crédits
Enseignant: Profs divers *
Research-oriented project in SMT, carried out during a 25-week-internship in industry, and upon which the student writes a master thesis. In certain circumstances, the PdM can be carried out during a mandatory period of 17 weeks in one of the three academic institutions UNIL-HEC, IMD or EPFL.
The Master's project gives the student's the opportunity to carry out theoretical and practical work of academic or industrial relevance in the field of knowledge of sustainable management & technology.
The master project in industry allows to:
- Give the opportunity to put into practice the academic knowledge acquired in the SMT master courses
- Gain professional experience, and understand the organization, functioning and management of a company, and to develop soft skills (interpersonal skills) that are necessary for the practice of future professional activity
- Facilitates the transition between university and the first job
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Apply scientific, technical and organisational knowledge as appropriate to the context
- Formulate and deal with complex subjects in a critical, independent and creative way
- Develop an individual research project
- Develop expertise in a specific research or industrial area
- Compose a written scientific report
- Present (orally) a project to a scientific audience
- Set objectives and design an action plan to reach those objectives.
- Plan and carry out activities in a way which makes optimal use of available time and other resources.
- Use a work methodology appropriate to the task.
- Communicate effectively, being understood, including across different languages and cultures.
- Take feedback (critique) and respond in an appropriate manner.
- Manage priorities.
Master thesis with final presentation, followed by an oral presentation (test).
Dans les plans d'études
- Semestre: Printemps
- Forme de l'examen: Oral (session d'été)
- Matière examinée: Projet de master en management durable et technologie
- Projet: 900 Heure(s) par semestre
Semaine de référence