Modelling, optimisation, design and analysis of integrated energy systems
ME-602 / 2 crédits
Enseignant: Maréchal François
Remark: Easter 2023
The student will learn advanced concepts in the field of process integration, process modeling and optimization for the design of integrated energy systems: Life cycle energy analysis.
- Advanced process integration techniques based on mixed integer programming for site scale energy system integration.
- Integration of advanced energy conversion technologies including cogeneration, heat pumps and refrigeration systems in industrial processes and urban communities.
- Combined integration of heat and water for the design of integrated system.
- Process integration of batch and discontinuous processes.
- Definition of objective functions based on life cycle & energy analysis.
- Multi-objective optimization including energetic, environmental and economic parameters.
- Application to the design of integrated energy systems: zero emission plants, advanced cycles including combined cycles, thermal solar plants, hybrid solar combined cycles.
Process integration (advanced energy systems), modeling and optimization of energy systems, thermodynamics, basic in optimization techniques
Oral presentation and project report
Dans les plans d'études
- Forme de l'examen: Multiple (session libre)
- Matière examinée: Modelling, optimisation, design and analysis of integrated energy systems
- Cours: 14 Heure(s)
- TP: 14 Heure(s)