MICRO-602 / 1 crédit
Enseignant: Boero Giovanni
Remark: Next time: Spring 2022
Every 2 years
The course provides the basis to understand the physics, the key performance, and the research and industrial applications of magnetic sensors and actuators. Together with a detailed introduction to magnetism, several magnetic sensors and actuators are studied.
1. Basics of magnetostatics
Maxwell laws. Magnetostatic. Magnetic dipoles and currents. Equations in matter. Calculations methods for magnetostatics. Magnetic field concentration. Magnetic screening. Eddy currents. Skin and proximity effect. Phenomenological description of matter. Diamagnetism. Paramagnetism. Ferromagnetism. Material conductivity under electric and magnetic fields.
2. Sensors & Actuators (principles and selected topics)
Basic principles, design and characteristics of following selected sensors and actuators:
- Micromachined sensors.
- Hall effect devices.
- Anisotropic (AMR) and giant (GMR) magneto resistors.
- Flux-gates Microsystems.
- Magnetic resonance methods (NMR and ESR) and their applications in magnetometry, spectroscopy and imaging.
- Magnetic force microscopy (MFM).
Magnetostatics, Hall effect devices, magnetic resonance, magnetometry, magnetic sensors
Basic knowledge in physics and mathematics
Dans les plans d'études
- Nombre de places: 20
- Forme de l'examen: Oral (session libre)
- Matière examinée: Micro-magnetic field sensors and actuators
- Cours: 14 Heure(s)