CH-332 / 2 crédits

Enseignant: Aye Yimon

Langue: Anglais


Summary

Sitting at the crossroad of organic chemistry and medicine, this course outlines how an initial hit compound transitions into a lead candidate, and ultimately a drug, in the modern drug discovery world. Note: the course is held only during 2nd half of spring semester (10 - 14 h on Fri of Week 7-14)

Content

Learning Prerequisites

Required courses

Courses that cover fundamental chemical reactions, concepts, and synthetic organic chemistry

Recommended courses

Courses at the scientific interface (such as, CH-313: Chemical Biology) are strongly recommended to help strengthen overall comprehension of modern medicinal chemistry as a central field in drug discovery. Traditional courses in basic biochemistry, cell / molecular biology, and/or genetics will also prove helpful.

Important concepts to start the course

A good understanding of organic chemistry and chemical intiution is beneficial for this course but not a pre-requisite as it can be developed by active participation in the course and consistency in keeping up with lecture materials and exercises

Assessment methods

Final exam to be held at the end of the semester will be of written format. Depending on CoVID/campus-access restrictions, the exam may be either closed book or open book. Final exam will count 90% of the entire course grade. The other 10% of the course grade will come from a couple of take-home exercises which will be graded.

Dans les plans d'études

  • Semestre: Printemps
  • Forme de l'examen: Ecrit (session d'été)
  • Matière examinée: Medicinal chemistry
  • Cours: 2 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
  • Semestre: Printemps
  • Forme de l'examen: Ecrit (session d'été)
  • Matière examinée: Medicinal chemistry
  • Cours: 2 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines

Semaine de référence

 LuMaMeJeVe
8-9     
9-10     
10-11     
11-12     
12-13     
13-14     
14-15     
15-16     
16-17     
17-18     
18-19     
19-20     
20-21     
21-22