MGT-531 / 3 crédits
Remark: Only given in 2022-2023.
An introduction to intellectual property will be given. Students will be made aware of the legal issues related to digitalisation and environmental law will be presented.
In the second semester, an introduction to intellectual property will be given. The students will also be asked to consider the legal effects and issues of smart contracts and blockchains, and discuss the specificities of venture capital financing and corporate governance from a sustainability perspective. Finally, a presentation of environmental law will be given in order for the students to understand the normative heterogeneity of this field both on a domestic and international level.
Intellectual property ; environmental law ; corporate governance ; venture capital financing
Legal aspect of sustainability and digitalisation I
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Analyze the legal issues of a situation
- Communicate effectively with professionals from other disciplines.
- Respect the rules of the institution in which you are working.
- Respect relevant legal guidelines and ethical codes for the profession.
During Fall semester, the students will have to work in groups and present a project with their group on one of the topics covered during one of the two semesters of the course.
In addition, the students will have to take a short-written examination.
The presentation will account for 70% of the grade.
The written exam for the remaining 30% of the grade.
A list of topics will be proposed to you during the first courses regarding the presentation by group. The groups will be made up of 3-4 students.
The course will be validated if the student obtains a grade equal or more than 4/6.
Dans les plans d'études
- Semestre: Automne
- Forme de l'examen: Ecrit (session d'hiver)
- Matière examinée: Legal aspect of sustainability & digitalisation II
- Cours: 2 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
- Projet: 1 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines