MGT-488 / 2 crédits
Enseignant: Jordan Jennifer
Withdrawal: It is not allowed to withdraw from this subject after the registration deadline.
Remark: Cours donné sur le campus IMD
This course will allow you to practice leadership in your everyday behavior and provide you with the toolbox necessary to do so.
Leading High-performance Teams
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Identify the dynamics of power and how to harness and manage power in order to ultimately turn it into leadership
- Realize how to influence others when you lack power
- Integrate a framework for having difficult conversations and learn to use it to manage the difficult conversations that will arise in your time as leaders
- Integrate best practices for forming and leading high-performing teams
- Plan and carry out activities in a way which makes optimal use of available time and other resources.
- Use a work methodology appropriate to the task.
- Communicate effectively, being understood, including across different languages and cultures.
- Evaluate one's own performance in the team, receive and respond appropriately to feedback.
- Give feedback (critique) in an appropriate fashion.
- Identify the different roles that are involved in well-functioning teams and assume different roles, including leadership roles.
- Resolve conflicts in ways that are productive for the task and the people concerned.
- Assess one's own level of skill acquisition, and plan their on-going learning goals.
Lecture, guest speakers, and assignments, small group discussions, plenary discussions, and games/simulations will be used across the course.
Participation - 25%
Written final exam (during the semester) - 75%
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
Dans les plans d'études
- Semestre: Printemps
- Nombre de places: 32
- Forme de l'examen: Pendant le semestre (session d'été)
- Matière examinée: Leadership essentials
- Cours: 1 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
Semaine de référence