MGT-201 / 2 crédits
Remark: Une seule inscription à un cours SHS+MGT autorisée. En cas d'inscriptions multiples elles seront toutes supprimées sans notification.
This course provides an introduction to the topic of entrepreneurship, the process of new firm creation and the commercialization of technologies. The course integrates theories of entrepreneurship with a practical, process-based project in which students develop a business concept in teams.
We will go into the following topics:
- Importance of Entrepreneurship for Economic Development and National Competitiveness
- Entrepreneurial Opportunity Identification
- Challenges in Setting up and Growing a New Firm
- Financing an Innovative Firm
- Management of Technology Ventures
New Firm, Venture Creation, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Business Plan, Business Model, Technology Commercialization
No specific courses recommended
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Analyze markets for innovative products/services
- Compare business activities of competing firms
- Decide strategies for new firms
- Develop business plan for new start-ups
- Explore business opportunities
- Identify and empathize with the needs and desires of potential customers.
- Evaluate one's own performance in the team, receive and respond appropriately to feedback.
- Access and evaluate appropriate sources of information.
- Make an oral presentation.
- Continue to work through difficulties or initial failure to find optimal solutions.
Course format integrate lectures with active participation of students in workshops on campus to develop an entrepreneurial project in teams. Occasional guest speakers and regular presentations from student teams will take place online.
Expected student activities
Active participation of students in workshops, business idea generation individually and in groups, development of a business project (using time during class workshops as well as outside of class), presentations to the class, feedback to peers.
70% Business concept project (group project incl. final annotated pitch deck and written business concept proposal)
30% Peer-to-peer feedback evaluation (individual grade)
|Others||Office hours upon request|
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
Relevant articles provided by instructor.
Dans les plans d'études
- Semestre: Automne
- Nombre de places: 40
- Forme de l'examen: Pendant le semestre (session d'hiver)
- Matière examinée: Introduction to entrepreneurship
- Cours: 2 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
Semaine de référence