FIN-610 / 3 crédits
Enseignant: Hau Harald
Remark: This course takes place at UNIGE - see schedule.
This is a doctoral level course introducing students to important topics in international finance. It also covers aspects of the recent financial crisis, such as market contagions, regulatory arbitrage and failure, stability issues of a currency union and of the banking system.
- Course Introduction
- The Euro Crisis
- Speculative Attacks and Arbitrage
- Exogenous Shocks and their Real Effects
- Finance, Politics and Development
- Financial Crisis and Contagion
- Financial Stability and Regulation
- Exchange Rate Dynamics and International Asset Holdings
- Finance Research with Chinese Data
In each class, students will present their set of papers together with a summary, critique and potential research ideas for further work on the topic of the papers. The presentation is 30 minutes. Each student will be responsible for two or three papers. The instructors will assign the papers.
This course takes place at UNIGE – see schedule
Dans les plans d'études
- Forme de l'examen: Multiple (session libre)
- Matière examinée: International Finance
- Cours: 28 Heure(s)