MGT-421 / 3 crédits
Enseignant: Gruber Marc
Withdrawal: It is not allowed to withdraw from this subject after the registration deadline.
This course provides an introduction to the topic of entrepreneurship in for-profit and hybrid settings (social and sustainability goals). The course integrates theories of entrepreneurship with a practical, process-based project in which students develop a business concept in teams.
We will go into the following topics:
- Importance of Entrepreneurship for Economic Development and National Competitiveness
- Similarities and differences between hybrid and pure for-profit entrepreneurship
- Founder Identity and figuring out the type of the venture you want to create
- Entrepreneurial Opportunity Identification
- Challenges in Setting up and Growing a New Firm
Sustainable and Social Entrepreneurship
- Analyze Opportunities for for-profit & hybrid ventures
- Judge one's own preferences
- Contextualise entrepreneurshop
- Contrast different types of ventures
- Recognize opportunities
- Explain importance of entrepreneurship/sustainable entrepreneurship
- Communicate effectively with professionals from other disciplines.
- Communicate effectively, being understood, including across different languages and cultures.
- Plan and carry out activities in a way which makes optimal use of available time and other resources.
- Assess progress against the plan, and adapt the plan as appropriate.
- Identify the different roles that are involved in well-functioning teams and assume different roles, including leadership roles.
- Demonstrate a capacity for creativity.
- Demonstrate the capacity for critical thinking
Course format integrates lectures with active participation of students in workshops to develop an entrepreneurial project in teams. Occasional guest speakers and regular presentations from student teams are part of the learning journey.
Expected student activities
Active participation of students in workshops, business idea generation individually and in groups, development of a business project (using time during class workshops as well as outside of class), presentations to the class, feedback to peers.
during the semester:
Oral participation 20%
Group project 50%
Individual report 30%
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
provided in syllabus by lecturer
Dans les plans d'études
- Semestre: Printemps
- Nombre de places: 40
- Forme de l'examen: Pendant le semestre (session d'été)
- Matière examinée: Essentials of for-profit & hybrid entrepreneurship
- Cours: 2 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
- Projet: 1 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
Semaine de référence