HUM-396 / 3 crédits
Enseignant: Abu-Akel Ahmad
Withdrawal: It is not allowed to withdraw from this subject after the registration deadline.
Students will engage in a group-project with the aim to translate psychological theories of creativity to practice. The purpose of the project is to create an original and a functionally useful product from limited resources.
In a group context, students will learn to apply theoretical knowledge to create a functionally useful product from limited resources. Here, each group will produce a creative product that will be evaluated in terms of two primary criteria: originality and functionality:
- Originality: The idea or concept of the product should be new and that is not simply an extension of something else that already exists.
- Functionality: The product needs to actually work or possess some degree of usefulness.
Group Creativity; Functionality; Originality; Innovation
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Assess / Evaluate strategies and skills involved in creative tasks.
- Optimize working in a group setting
- Create a functioning, original product from limited resources
- Set objectives and design an action plan to reach those objectives.
- Use a work methodology appropriate to the task.
- Identify the different roles that are involved in well-functioning teams and assume different roles, including leadership roles.
- Assess progress against the plan, and adapt the plan as appropriate.
- Evaluate one's own performance in the team, receive and respond appropriately to feedback.
- Negotiate effectively within the group.
- Write a scientific or technical report.
The teaching will consist of supervision of group projects.
Expected student activities
Student is expected to be active participant in the group project.
A group report of the creative challenge assignment
|Others||If students have questions, they can arrange time to meet with professor.|
Dans les plans d'études
- Semestre: Printemps
- Forme de l'examen: Pendant le semestre (session d'été)
- Matière examinée: Building Blocks of Creativity II
- Projet: 3 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
Semaine de référence