BIO-603(O) / 1 credit
Remark: 3-day Block course, every year in January. To register, contact EDMS Administration
Training in hemato-oncology. Analysis and genetic manipulation of hematopoietic progenitor cells. Morphological recognition of main hematopoietic lineages.
The students will learn how to:
1) collect and genetically modify murine hematopoetic progenitor cells
2) set up hematopoietic colony- forming unit assay
3) stain and analyze blood smears
Open to max. 3 students. Please note that you are not allowed to inscribe in your own group!
Important concepts to start the course
Students should be familiar with cell culture.
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Manipulate hematopoeitic progenitor cells
- Grow hematopoeitic progenitor cells
In the programs
- Exam form: Project report (session free)
- Subject examined: Practical - Oricchio Lab
- Lecture: 8 Hour(s)
- Practical work: 18 Hour(s)