MICRO-633 / 3 credits
Remark: October 1st 2022 - June 30 2023
In a collaboration with EPFL, Verve is seeking PhD students who are interested in gaining first-hand Venture Capital experience and are passionate about working with technology startups across Europe. Fellows will acquire all necessary skills to cover the entire investment process.
Verve Ventures | Verve Capital Partners AG is a Swiss-based Venture Capital investor with a focus on European technology startups with offices in Lausanne, Zurich, Berlin, Paris and Cambridge. The three main investment verticals are ICT, Industrial High Tech and Health & Bio. With more than 100 portfolio companies and more than CHF 60 45M invested in 2021, VCP is among the most active investors in Europe.
In a collaboration with EPFL, Verve is inviting highly motivated students who are interested in gaining first-hand Venture Capital experience and are passionate about working with technology startups across Europe to apply for the Venture Fellowship Programme. As part of the Venture Fellowship Programme, you will learn about an be part of investment decision-making process as an integral part of our investment team and be directly involved in generating industry-specific deal flow and selecting the best investment opportunities. You will build your own entrepreneurial skills by interacting with start-up founders, investors and KOLs.
- Work with a small team of other Venture Fellows directly with an highly experienced Investment team to source, assess and manage deal flow in a specific industry across Europe
- Deliver a technology mapping report after the first 4 month of the program of the fellowship program
- Learn to perform in depth analysis of selected deals on technology, competitive landscape and market environment and prepare investment documents
- Utilize Verve's proprietary IT infrastructure to streamline data and make recommendations to the Investment Manager about the deal pipeline
- Enrolled as a PhD student at EPFL and having sucesfully passed candidacy
- Intrinsically motivated student with a deep interest in entrepreneurship, technology innovation and startups
- Very strong communication and analytical skills
- Commitment of 2-4hours per week for the duration of 10-12 months
This course is open to PhD students who already successfully passed their candidacy exam. A maximum of 10 PhD students can register for the course MICRO-633 that will start on 1st October 2022.
In the programs
- Number of places: 10
- Exam form: Multiple (session free)
- Subject examined: Practical in venture capital
- Lecture: 12 Hour(s)
- Practical work: 30 Hour(s)