BIO-608 / 1 credit
Teacher: Brisken Cathrin
Remark: 3-day Block course, every year in January. To register, contact EDMS Administration
Breast development and cancer. Learn about experimental approaches to study Breast Development and Breast Cancer.
Introduction to the role of hormones in breast development and breast cancer.
- Studying mammary gland development: a) wholemounting mouse mammary glands, b)histological analysis of mouse mammary glands
- Hormones and breast development: Immunostaining for the progesterone receptor
- The importance of structure: Growing cells in 3D: Extraction of collagen from rat tails
- Gene transfer techniques: Discuss different viral vectors
Please note that you are not allowed to inscribe in your own group!
Note that 3 practical courses are mandatory for all EDMS students and that they have the priority; each course has between 2 to 4 possible slots.
Therefore, please do not register by yourself to this course, this will be done by the EDMS program administrator!
In the programs
- Number of places: 2
- Exam form: Oral presentation (session free)
- Subject examined: Practical - Brisken Lab
- Lecture: 6 Hour(s)
- Practical work: 18 Hour(s)