Understanding the history of cities is a crucial step for learning how to model their future. The course introduces a methodology for tracing the transformations of cities and recreating multidimensional maps of the past using Historical Geographical Information Systems.
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Set objectives and design an action plan to reach those objectives.
- Evaluate one's own performance in the team, receive and respond appropriately to feedback.
- Use a work methodology appropriate to the task.
- Assess progress against the plan, and adapt the plan as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with professionals from other disciplines.
- Design and present a poster.
- Demonstrate a capacity for creativity.
In the programs
- Semester: Spring
- Exam form: During the semester (summer session)
- Subject examined: Mapping urban history
- Lecture: 1 Hour(s) per week x 12 weeks
- Exercises: 3 Hour(s) per week x 12 weeks