MGT-488 / 2 credits
Teacher: Cairns-Lee Heather Mary
Withdrawal: It is not allowed to withdraw from this subject after the registration deadline.
Remark: Cours donné sur le campus IMD
This course encourages you to develop awareness, authenticity and authority to help you to lead at your full potential. We explore the inner world of leaders' mindsets and assumptions, the dynamics of power, influencing others and harnessing collective intelligence for inclusive growth.
Mindset and Assumptions
The Dynamics of Power
Collective Intelligence for Sustainable and Inclusive Growth
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Identify your assumptions and mindsets to learning and leading and the impact these have.
- Distinguish the dynamics of power and how to harness and manage this for leadership.
- Realize how to motivate and influence others.
- Explore how to bring ideas to life through collective intelligence for sustainable growth.
- Communicate effectively, being understood, including across different languages and cultures.
- Demonstrate a capacity for creativity.
- Give feedback (critique) in an appropriate fashion.
- Negotiate effectively within the group.
- Demonstrate the capacity for critical thinking
Lecture, guest speaker, assignments, small group discussions, plenary discussions, and questionnaires will be used across the course.
Participation - 25%
Completion of a learning journal and final group project (6 May 2022) - 75%
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
In the programs
- Semester: Spring
- Number of places: 32
- Exam form: During the semester (summer session)
- Subject examined: Leadership essentials
- Lecture: 1 Hour(s) per week x 14 weeks