HUM-498(a) / 4 credits
Teacher: Laperrouza Marc
Withdrawal: It is not allowed to withdraw from this subject after the registration deadline.
The course prepares to the development of a prototype and its realisation in China. It develops competences related to project conception and management as well as team work.
The course will introduce the concepts of ideation, customer discovery, interdisciplinarity and team work.
project management, team work, ideation, feasibility
HUM-440(a) is strongly recommended
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Identify existing product/service solutions
- Explore potential technical solutions
- Demonstrate the technical feasibility of the chosen solution
- Plan and carry out activities in a way which makes optimal use of available time and other resources.
- Use a work methodology appropriate to the task.
- Communicate effectively with professionals from other disciplines.
- Evaluate one's own performance in the team, receive and respond appropriately to feedback.
- Identify the different roles that are involved in well-functioning teams and assume different roles, including leadership roles.
- Keep appropriate documentation for group meetings.
- Demonstrate a capacity for creativity.
Workshop, individual and group work
Expected student activities
- Participation in different workshops (team work, ideation, pitching, etc.)
- Work in teams to develop a connected device
Transversal skills (1/6) oral presentation and reflective note on group work
Project preparation (5/6) in accordance to project supervisor’s grading scheme
In the programs
- Semester: Fall
- Exam form: During the semester (summer session)
- Subject examined: Projet pratique obligatoire Chine I,II
- Project: 2 Hour(s) per week x 14 weeks