MICRO-628 / 1 credit
Teacher: Quack Niels
Remark: Postponed to Autumn 2021
Introduction to Finite Element Modelling with hands-on examples of typical microsystems.
The following topics are introduced and hands-on finite modeling is performed using COMSOL Multiphysics for typical microsystems.
Introduction to FEM: Material Models, Anisotropy, Convergence, Nonlinearity, Mesh, Study Types
Structural Mechanics: Modal Analysis, Thin Films, Stress, Curvature
Electrostatic FEM: Fields, Boundary Conditions, Parallel Plate Actuator, Voltage-Displacement
Introduction to Damping Effects and Microfluidics
After the lectures and exercices, the student will develop an own finite element model and present the results.
MEMS, Finite Element Modeling FEM
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Perform a finite simulation of a typical microsystem
- Present and discuss the obtained solutions
In the programs
- Exam form: Oral presentation (session free)
- Subject examined: Introduction to Finite Element Modelling in Microsystems
- Lecture: 7 Hour(s)
- Exercises: 7 Hour(s)
- Practical work: 7 Hour(s)