The course prepares to the development of a prototype and its realisation in China. It develops competences related to prototype development, project management, team work and intercultural management.
The course introduces the concepts of prototype development, project management and intercultural management. All concepts are applied through the development of a connected device and its production in China.
project management, team work, prototyping, intercultural management, experiential learning
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Identify existing product/service solutions
- Explore potential technical solutions
- Demonstrate the technical feasibility of the chosen solution
- Define functional requirements of a connected device
- Realize a functional prototype
- Plan and carry out activities in a way which makes optimal use of available time and other resources.
- Set objectives and design an action plan to reach those objectives.
- Communicate effectively with professionals from other disciplines.
- Communicate effectively, being understood, including across different languages and cultures.
- Make an oral presentation.
Workshop, fieldwork, individual and group work, project
Expected student activities
- Participation in different workshops (prototyping, project management, intercultural management, etc.)
- Work in a team to develop a connected device
Transversal skills (1/6) oral presentations, reflective note on group work and project management, documentation of activities
Project realization (5/6) in accordance to project supervisor’s grading scheme
In the programs
- Semester: Spring
- Exam form: During the semester (summer session)
- Subject examined: Projet pratique obligatoire Chine I,II
- Lecture: 1 Hour(s) per week x 14 weeks
- Project: 3 Hour(s) per week x 14 weeks