MGT-476 / 3 credits
Withdrawal: It is not allowed to withdraw from this subject after the registration deadline.
Remark: Cours donné sur le campus IMD
The aim of this integration week is to improve personal effectiveness by building self-awareness through activities, reflections, and academic material. You will have built trust and relationships that will help you work together in developing your leadership throughout the rest of the program.
At the end of this first integration week you will be able
- to give a definition of what leadership is
- and identify specific leadership styles
- to name the dimensions of personality
- and describe what are your behavioural preferences and how they translate into your leadership
- to explain the link between values, attitudes and behaviours
- to give a definition of the emotional key competencies and assess your EQ
- use influencing tactics and communicate effectively
- to define a first action plan based on the input of the first week
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Define and explore what leadership is.
- Examine personality/values and how your distinct characteristics traits are enabling or hindering your success
- Explore emotional intelligence and its importance in future leadership
- Integrate with your fellow classmates to begin to explore how you will help each other throughout the program
- Set objectives and design an action plan to reach those objectives.
- Communicate effectively, being understood, including across different languages and cultures.
- Give feedback (critique) in an appropriate fashion.
- Assess one's own level of skill acquisition, and plan their on-going learning goals.
Integration Weeks are assessed with 25% class participation, 75% written essay completed through the semester.
In the programs
- Semester: Fall
- Number of places: 32
- Exam form: During the semester (winter session)
- Subject examined: Improve your personal effectiveness
- Lecture: 2 Hour(s) per week x 14 weeks