HUM-498(c) / 10 credits
Remark: MA3 only
The course concludes the development of the prototype of a connected device. It develops competences related to prototype development, project management and team work.
The course is composed of two parts:
1) Summer School
- Development of skills around the project (pitching, user tests)
- Protoyping/small batch manufacturing
- Further iteration of the connected device (with user tests)
- Analysis regarding the process and result of the development
The format is project-based.
project management, team work, prototyping, experiential learning
Successful completion of HUM-498(a) and HUM-498(b)
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Report the evolution of the engineering design
- Solve remaining technical problems
- Assess / Evaluate individual learning
- Realize a functional prototype
- Write a scientific or technical report.
- Chair a meeting to achieve a particular agenda, maximising participation.
- Assess one's own level of skill acquisition, and plan their on-going learning goals.
- Make an oral presentation.
- Continue to work through difficulties or initial failure to find optimal solutions.
Workshop, fieldwork, individual and group work, project
Expected student activities
- Participation in summer school
- Participation in a workshop on project valorization
- Work in a team to develop a connected device
Transversal skills (1/6) oral presentations, reflective note on project, documentation of activities
Project realization (5/6) in accordance to project supervisor¿s grading scheme
In the programs
- Semester: Fall
- Exam form: During the semester (winter session)
- Subject examined: China Project III
- Project: 3 Hour(s) per week x 14 weeks