MICRO-632 / 2 credits
Teacher: Various lecturers
Remark: June 13th - 17h 2022
This course contains lectures covering the latest research and development done in the field of micro-/nano- manufacturing methods and processes. It consists on an intensive 5 days training and is done in the framework of a collaboration between FEMTO-ST in France and EPFL.
Each topic is covered in tandem by a professor from EPFL and FEMTO-ST.
The course location is in EPFL antenna in Neuchâtel.
The topics covered are:
- Laser micro/nano-manufacturing (François Courvoisier/Yves Bellouard)
- Micromachining Sensor & Actuators (Ausrine Bartasyte/Herb Shea)
- Micro/Nano-assembly (Salman Sakar/Cédric Clévy)
- Manufacturing of nano-optics (Olivier Martin/Yasin Ekinci from PSI)
- 3D Printing for materials and meta materials (Christophe Moser/Muamar Kadic)
Each lecture lasts 2x45min and is given by a specialist of the field.
Two networking events are planned, at the beginning and end of the week, respectively.
Examination is given in the form of short QCM after lecture day.
Micromanufacturing, 3D printing, laser manufacturing, micro-assembly, sensors and actuators
Some general knowledge related to micro-technologies
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Discuss a comprehensive overview on the latest research work done in the field of micro-/nano- manufacturing
- understand what are the specifics related to making things at the smaller scale.
In the programs
- Number of places: 30
- Exam form: Written (session free)
- Subject examined: Advanced micro-/nano- manufacturing
- Lecture: 20 Hour(s)
- Exercises: 10 Hour(s)